FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramRSS Simply in Control

Monday, July 2, 2018

Bathroom Organization and Tips

I've entered a lot of bathrooms over the last 30 years (lol!) and I've noticed one thing at a lot of people's homes: it's a neglected space. Things just pile up around the counters over time, even if they are not being used regularly. The bathroom is a space which is entered multiple times a day for getting ready, brushing teeth, doing makeup and fixing hair. Why not make it a space that's more welcoming?


Here's a look at when you enter the master bedroom washroom. I like going for a calming vibe in this space, much like my actual bedroom.


I recently added preserved eucalyptus branches in the shower and love the aroma it gives off when the water turns on. Apart from the spa-like look and tranquil feel it gives, eucalyptus is also a great decongestant so it works perfectly with hot showers.


Moving on to the bathtub, I've seen a lot of people use their large tubs as storage areas. What! Clothes, comforters, large toys, all kinds of crazy stuff. I myself don't get a chance to use this tub because #motherhood, but just decorating this area gives such a serene feel every time I enter. I love how a single bath tray can change the entire atmosphere of the bathroom as it's the first thing you see when you enter.


This bathroom has his and her sinks. I use one side for everyone's toothbrushes. The kids use a bamboo stool for when they brush because I didn't want to bring in any bright colors to the master bathroom.


The other side is for getting ready. I keep my makeup and perfume in this section. For those wondering, my husband uses another bathroom to get ready in because #beardhair (oh the horror lol).


I got this stationery organizer from Michaels and it works perfectly for makeup! It spins and has drawers, and you can get it for 40% off by using their coupons. Have been using this system for the past 7 years.


A simple mirrored tray works great for perfume, jewelry and watches.


I always need plastic bags upstairs for trash and found the perfect plastic bag organizer on Amazon. It just hangs on the cabinet door so there's no drilling involved!




It's important to corral like items together in cabinets. Over here I have all hair tools and sprays in a basket and travel organizers to the side. In the other cabinet I keep medicine, which you can read more about here.

That's all I have for bathroom organizing! Hope you found the tips useful. I'd love to hear any ideas you may have for keeping this area neat!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to Follow Me on FacebookPinterest and Instagram for future posts!

5 comments :

  1. This blog is very helpful and well-written. Bathrooms are among the most utilized area of any home. Bathroom renovations and remodeling services is very necessary as it helps to get the most from the properties by enhancing both functionality and value.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll barely be able to keep up, Ganga bhakti and you won't be capable of submitting your best work.Ganga music

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bathtub and shower mix are an intriguing and lovely combination which adds value for the toilet. Bathtub and shower suites are especially designed for the female customer. It's an ideal way to have a superb shower or a bathtub on your bathroom. Get More information about Bath Shower Screen

    ReplyDelete

  4. These strips are designed to be worn over the teeth and advertise that they can't be seen or detected by others so you'll wear the strips during the day. The strips are fairly inexpensive and are very convenient. Since they're also over the counter, they're not very strong so you'll got to do that consistently and will see some leads to approximately fortnight time.
    handyman Toledo Ohio

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...