FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramRSS Simply in Control

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Prayer Area and Ramadan Basket for Children

The blessed month of Ramadan is almost upon us inshaAllah, and it's best to prepare for it in advance. It could be starting to fast some days so you have a little practice, or meal prepping, or doing a deep clean of your home so you don't need to worry about it during Ramadan.


This year, I have prepared for Ramadan by creating a serene prayer area for my 6 year old son and I. It's funny because initially I had made this area just for myself. I craved the concentration in prayer I used to have before having two little boys in my life, and tried everything to get that level of khushu back in my salah. It was frustrating when even after creating a peaceful space for myself, I couldn't find peace in my prayer because I could still hear the children being children, or needing me as soon as I start praying. It's the story of every mother isn't it?


It hit me recently that why am I trying to attain a different phase of my life right now? My children will get older soon inshaAllah, and that concentration will come back inshaAllah. For now, I need to focus my time and energy on the season of life I am in at this very moment, and that is that my older son is now 6 years old and has almost learned how to pray completely mashaAllah. This turning point in his life is a reason for joy and festivity, and so the prayer space has become a place for him and I to bond together in Ramadan inshaAllah. Just by adding a few accessories, I was able to create a warm and welcoming environment for him.


The Ramadan Kareem banner along with the Crescent and Star balloons from With A Spin made for the perfect backdrop. Just a few items like these can transform the look and feel of a whole space. 


This wooden Masjid Lightbox display is a unique item and I added it for a festive yet sophisticated look. Other places it would look great in are entryway and dining table for suhoor or iftar! It makes for a great centerpiece. I also have my Quran and some prayer beads for this area, and my son can read with me on the double rocker inshaAllah.


Finally, I have a Ramadan basket for my son every year, and in it are books and activities for the duration of the month. The most important new item being added this year will be his very own Prayer Rug, as he starts to pray with me inshaAllah. The prayer rug is designed specifically for children, and it makes them feel special.

Another crucial part of the Ramadan basket is the advent calendar, where I have slips of good deeds for my son to do for each day, and he gets a small treat or activity to do after the good deed. I will elaborate more on this in a future post inshaAllah.

Children love instruments, and I've included a Daff for doing nasheeds with them. The rest of the items in the basket have been pictured below:



Here's a list of the items:

1) Prayer Rug
2) "Shh, I'm praying" Door Sign
3) Ramadan Activity Book
4) Ramadan Celebrate the World Book
5)Ramadan and Eid Stickers
6) Eid Temporary Tattoos
7) It's Ramadan Curious George
8) Under the Ramadan Moon
9) Golden Domes and Silver Lanterns
10) Crescent Moons and Pointed Minarets
11) Ramadan Mubarak Cake Topper
12) Coloring Greeting Cards

Stay tuned for more details on our Ramadan Calendar and the good deeds we do for every day of the month! If you'd like to get started on decorating for Ramadan, check out With A Spin's shop for all kinds of beautiful themes, and use my code SIMPLYINCONTROL for a 12% discount! 

I hope you found this useful and gave you some ideas on how to make Ramadan a memorable time for your children! Let me know in the comments what you're doing to make Ramadan special for your children inshaAllah!

Thanks for reading and don't forget to Follow Me on FacebookPinterest and Instagram for future posts!

7 comments :

  1. College can be very expensive. If you don't have enough money to pay for it, then it's important to take out student loans. Ganga bhakti Ganga music

    ReplyDelete
  2. The profundity of articles can without much of a stretch be felt of this blog. Exceptionally exact and straight to the check. I saw effectively the obvious reality which the creator of this blog needed to convey through his contemplations. Searching for additional. Light weight prayermat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks chiropodists drills

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… impact absorbing surfaces

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. childcare photographer in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...