FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramRSS Simply in Control

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Folding Plastic Bags into Triangles for Maximum Space


I have lost count of the number of times I've needed plastic bags suddenly in cars, malls, parks and other random places. They're always good to keep on hand, especially with little ones. I've found that folding them into triangles really enables you to maximize the space you have so that you don't need to keep refilling your bag of...bags. Target bags are the way to go for me. Proven to tear less. 

I saw how to do this on a YouTube video, and thought I'd share it in a blog post. Let's get started!


Flatten out a plastic bag:


 Fold it in half:


Fold that in half:


And half again, if need be:


Take the top corner of the bottom of the bag and fold it down to make a triangle.


Flip that triangle to the right, then up, then right, then down

Until you reach the handles of the bag:


Tuck the handle inside the flap which has been created. Le voilĂ  !

I keep a snack-sized Ziploc bag of these in the car, in my purse and in the diaper bag. Always comes in handy! Hope this post was of some help to you :)

 If you'd like more updates, don't forget to Like this page on Facebook and Follow me on Pinterest! Thanks for visiting!









18 comments :

  1. I do this and I love it! Infact, I'm addicted to it. lol. Folding plastic bags to triangles not only saves space but keeps your cabinet neat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought about doing this. Thanks for the tip!

    Also, thanks for signing up to guest blog for me while I am on maternity leave. Please email me at allison.michelena@gmail.com so I can send you more info. I totally forgot to put email address on the sign up sheet! Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this post helped, Allison!

      I'll send you an email write now! :)

      Delete
  3. I do this often, and it makes my storage less cluttered, nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter sent me to your blog; she is the organizing fiend in the family. I love it! I am in the middle of organizing my sewing studio, but this bag storage idea is fantastic! I just folded up all the grocery bags that were taking up the bottom pantry shelf, and it looks great! What about the reusable grocery bags? Any ideas for them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! Thanks so much for dropping by, I'm glad the post could be of help!! Yes, I do have a post on reusable grocery bags. Here's the link:

      http://simply-in-control.blogspot.com/2013/09/undersink-kitchen-cabinet-organization.html

      Delete
  5. Hi Seher, I'm a late commenter since I just found your post, but I'm sure happy I did. I feel SO silly for not thinking of this myself! All those useful bags under my kitchen sink can finally be looked at ...lovingly. Also a great "chore" for my young boys. Haha! Thanks so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daphne! Thanks so much for dropping by. I get all comments sent to my email inbox so you can be sure I see them all :) This is definitely a very useful method of storing plastic bags and a perfect activity for young ones, especially while watching TV!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading. Will surely going to share this URL with my friends.
    designer handbags made in italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I think website owners should acquire a lot from this web site its very user pleasant. see this

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. borsa in pelle beige

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. cheap laptop sling bags

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends. top sony bluetooth speakers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Since it was developed in 1852, paper bags have gone through a lot of changes and they remain a popular method for bagging shopping items. Most of us would definitely have used a paper bag before. lequeen diaper bags

    ReplyDelete
  12. then consider the Under Armour backpack selection on Amazons website. borse vera pelle coccinelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow great ! good artical please support and read more about sony bluetooth speaker

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool stuff you have got and you keep update all of us. skip hire Basingstoke

    ReplyDelete

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...