FacebookTwitterPinterestGoogle+InstagramRSS Simply in Control

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wrapping Paper and Tissue Paper Storage / Organization

Once upon a time, I had a lot of time on my hands. And I had developed a hobby...gift wrapping:






After having a baby, I definitely don't have enough time to make my gifts look pretty. That, and he would destroy all the wrapping paper by the time I started putting the bows on. However, I still have storage to worry about. Wrapping paper, tissues, cards, bows. Where does it all go??

For the longest time, I had my heart set on this Gift Wrap Work Station from The Container Store:

I've been wanting to buy it for a couple of years now, but just couldn't justify dishing out $50 for something that merely holds gift wrappers! So I went to The Container Store, looked at it one last time, and sighed. I would have to think of an alternative. I looked around the store for something that could hold all of my supplies and not take up much space. I ended up just buying an Umbra Skinny Can in white for $6.99:




          At home, I found an extra mason jar that looked like this:



It was an empty one, so I just rinsed it up a bit and dried it. I prettied it up with some bows, then proceeded to fill it with tissue paper of various colors: 
 

I collected the cards I had: 


 And filled up the wastebasket with all the supplies: 


And now I have my own Gift Wrapping Work Station. In a garbage can. Yeah, doesn't exactly sound like a fairytale ending, but it's affordable and doesn't take up valuable space in my apartment! 

I'll do another post on gift bag storage at some point in the future. Hope you enjoyed this entry! :)

Linked up to: 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Pin It

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...